31. Dezember 2012
Major update with several improvements and optimisations.
- The Z-Cron commands HIBERNATE and STANDBY were reverted to their original function. They put the computer into standby and hibernation mode.
- PC Timer functionality, i.e. automatic wakeup from standby or hibernation mode, is now possible with the commandsPC-TIMER and/or WAKEUPONSTANDBY. The desired wakeup time can be specified with weekday and time.
- The SMTP client integrated in Z-Cron can now be set up to use ports 587 (TLS) and 465 (SLS) instead of only the default port 25. This allows Z-Cron to be used with a GMail account.
- The built-in functions that need a connection to a user’s desktop will now work correctly and are able to display their messages on the desktop, even when Z-Cron runs as a service in the LocalSystem account.
- In addition to the existing commands to start MP3 playback with an external software, Z-Cron can now play MP3 files on its own as well.
Registered users must use the built-in LiveUpdate feature to update their Z-Cron installation! Please do not download the Freeware Version from this website. Installing it would downgrade your Professional Version to the Freeware Version, and the Freeware Version cannot be unlocked.
To update the Professional Version of Z-Cron, do the following:
- Open the program settings by clicking on "Program" in the sidebar.
- Go to the "Start" tab.
- Stop the Z-Cron service.
- Click the LiveUpdate button.
- In the LiveUpdate dialog box, click the Update-Check button.
- After the update information was retrieved, you can start the software update by clicking OK.
Z-Cron is written by Andreas Baumann © 2000 - 2017.
All mentioned trademarks and company names are subject to the Copyright of their respective owners.